Thursday, February 10, 2011

Photobucket


♫ Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up ♫


When your little, Everything is possible. The world is a kind and bright place that wont ever do anything to cause you harm. As you grow up, your views start to change, you start to feel different about things, about friends who might be causing you problems, to classes that cause you stress. The world starts to change underneath you and you don't realize it until you sit down and look back and say 'when did I grow up? When did I stop being that blonde haired blue eyed kid that sent herself to her room?' Things change, and change quickly and things start to get scary.

Its odd to look at it, and see what friends have came and gone, how your family has changed, what traditions have been made, what has been lost. Its a striking feeling when you get done with high shcool, it's scary and exciting and a whole new world. Its terrifying to think that its all going to be different, its all going to be on me, just because I grew up. I figure everyone goes through this, but it's terrifying. Being in a close family, and wanting to leave, but just not quite ready to go makes things hard. Its a new experience that is one of the hardest you have to face. You leave your friends, family and the life you've known.

♫ I just realized everything I have
Is someday gonna be gone ♫

To college, which is a world of it's own.

To no more mornings with your mom waking you up

No more smiling faces of your younger family members

No more seeing them every day

Time to be on your own. Your...Own.

Its hard to grab at, to think that in a few months it will be this. It will be a time in my life where I have grown up, that it's it. You can't go back, you can't take back those days where you sat with your dad and watched the sky change. Those times in the kitchen when you made a mess on your face with mom helping her make a cake. Things have changed, and a lot. I am more than excited to go to school, believe me. But its hard, its hard to just go. But what would life be if you didn't take these risks? Take the time to live Your dream. To be the person you want to be.

Its so EXCITING.
The world is at your fingertips, its a blank slate. You are making your way in the world. It is time for you to start living for you, your life, and be who you want to be. Even if it's scary leaving behind your Friends and Family, you know secretly that it's best for you, the best option you could have in your life. And despite being scared, it's time. As your ready to leave, for a split second, the thought passed through your mind;
I wish I'd never grown up.

But this lasts for only a second. Because you know this is the right path for you.

Even though personally I could not believe what i'm doing is going to happen, I still want to go. I am going to be leaving home in a few months and pursue my dream. The dream that I felt had left me. The one that I was the only one who believed in.

I just know that I wont forget where I came from, not forget who I am. I said I was going to start posting some posts that were actually worth something, an this is. It's a feeling that a lot of people go through. I am scared out of my wits, but want to do it still. Its funny, and a mix of a lot of emotions. It's just time.

No comments:

Post a Comment