Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Still Here

Photobucket

“It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before” - Jane Austen




Experience makes you who you are, it also helps you grow as a person. A child is a child because well, they still are sheltered from the world. We grow into our own, some before others, some after. We form these figures, and for girls it seems like the older we get, the more we learn, the more beautiful we become. That the experience has made us stronger, helped us become a better person, and even at twenty nine a woman is more rich and beautiful in expeience than she was ever at the naive age of nineteen. It is hard to remember that things we stress and worry over at such a young age, really are little things. We fret and become nearly dependent on the chaos, with out it, it's like we don't know what to do. What would most of us do if we had an afternoon to just sit and do nothing? An afternoon to watch the clouds with nothing but yourself.

Its hard for us in the society we are, to take ourselves away, even for a moment from everything and just breath. We find it hard to be detached, when generations before us thought it was simple. Its funny, because we stop remembering what beautiful is. We forget that it's a smile on a face, that it might not be that size zero waist line, but the fact that you have some figure, and know how to be proud of it.

I am learning that specific lesson a hard way, I always have been. Its hard to accept your body, accept your hair, what ever it might be every woman wants to change something even if its just the way your hair flips, or the way your feet lay in flat shoes, its something, anything. These traits are often taken over by our minds, we obsess and spaz until the consume us, they become more important than the really important things. It is hard to remember that you have good things in you. I have a really hard time seeing this, its always a "Well maybe if I do this..." Or "Oh I should have said this instead, it was far more witty!" But this is not a good way to think.

You are who you are, and sure some things can be changed, but your foundation is you, the bricks that build your body are not meant to be changed that much. We are suppose to grow and evolve as people and we should always be reaching for something more than we are, but we also have to remember that we were made beautiful, for a reason. That we were meant to do something, that I was meant to do something greater. Its hard to remember in day to day, but it's important.

When I start to write something, I usually have a legitimate plan of what's going to be in it, but by the time I get around to writing it, It just becomes a lot of stuff, I mean just random stuff. But I just have a lot on my mind lately, and I did the outfit posts, like now-ish, and I realized that they might not be the best quality, but I looked at 'em, and for the first time in a bit I didn't look at them wish disdain! That's actually a really good thing. I am an observant person, I notice random details in the world with everything but myself. I probably couldn't pick my eyes or my lips out of a line up of people. It's just how I am, I never used to focus on what I looked like, and I'm trying to feel more of a person and realizing who I am, that kind of thing. I guess its a bit odd, but hey. Its me! :]

Oh! Before I forget, Outfit breakdown
Shirt; AE
Cami; AE
Tights; Target
Skirt; dElias
Shoes; Toms

1 comment:

  1. Cute cardigan and skirt! Two of my favorite items of clothes together!

    Kaylee xo

    ReplyDelete