Friday, August 5, 2011

Flackback Friday

Photobucket



Out Fit Breakdown:
Dress; Vintage from my moms closet
Vest; AE
Shoes; Target
Necklace; Pacsun
Hairpiece; Icing
Bag; Macy's


This outfit is so 90's. I've been feeling pretty nestalgic lately you know the whole college thing, the whole I'm getting older and my parents don't really need to hold my hand anymore, its all so exciting and scary all in one. Its hard to grasp that I'm old enough to do basically everything by myself, and I'm nearly at that point. Its just crazy. There is no doubt that I'm a worrier. I worry about every single thing, and It makes me pretty paranoid with new things, like my new job. I was told to go in last night for some week night training and I did, Janet called me the day prior and said to come in from 6:30-8:30, Do I did. I went in at 6:30, and they boggled my mind. We have an additional like 25+ pieces of sushi that are made on week nights, and its just...wow. I worked with sushi some of the night, but then I got really excited cause they had me work with desert and salads. YES. I loved it. It was just fun, and I got to plate things and make them pretty and learn how to make a lot of different things.

I feel like I'm doing okay, and especially with the desert station, cause Diego told me I was going good, haha. But I still feel paranoid, Like I'm doing something wrong when in fact I'm just new and I have to learn it with time. I know that, and Larry told me that, so why am I still freaking out about it? who knows.

Back to the outfit, the 90's are nostalgic to me. They were a lot of my childhood, and I realize that I'm always thinking back to it. I love the music, and the whole Maxi dress thing is coming back, and the grunge look is very in. My mom had this dress in her closet and I think it would be really adorable if it was cut a bit shorter from a Maxi to just a shorter dress, but she'd kill me if I cut it, that isn't a remake its from the 90's. Ha. Its really comfortable too, so I suppose that's why people are starting to wear them, but with caution. Not all Maxi dresses look good on everyone, you have to add something to them to keep them from looking like a moo-moo, and no one wants that!

In other news, I have a break! My summer has been full of class, and I have a break until the end of the month when I go back to class which means I need to go run through my classes and get my books. How not exciting is that? Hopefully these fall classes will be as successful as both my summer classes!

This blog has turned into just a really good stress reliever for me. Its pretty helpful to keep my thoughts in check, and all that. Plus its actually helping me a bit like I wanted it to :]


WOW! I just wrote my title in, and I nailed the day I decided to do another retro post, it's friday and that whole "Flashback friday" People are always doing, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment