Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Femininity

Photobucket
FEMININITY IS NOT WEAKNESS. IT REQUIRES GREAT STRENGTH OF CHARACTER FOR A WOMAN TO BE GENTLE IN AN AGE THAT SCREAMS FOR HER TO BE OTHERWISE.
~ - Joshua Harris




I love to feel girly, yet I know that I will not be put down for being a girl. Despite the world advancement women are still seen as weaker. Sure, I understand that a man is physically stronger than most women simply because the way there make up is, but that doesn't mean its all men. I've noticed that women still have that please a guy mentality with out even trying to have it. We have reached a status of CEO's and higher up parts but did you know women CEO's are paid 80 cents less than a male just for the fact that they are female? Its crazy, but true.

Women are still looked at in movies as "Save the damsel" yadda yadda yadda.

Its just thoughts that I've been thinking, you know.

I love to be girly, it makes me feel empowered, because well, it does in a lot of cases.


Outfit break down
Dress: dElias
Shoes: Internet, lol. Yay for Oxfords!
Cardigan: Vintage <3
Necklace: Vintage from my great aunt

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the outfit Shannon!! So retro 50s and so totally in style for this season. :) Also, I love that being girly empowers you, as it should! Hope you've been well deary!

    ReplyDelete