Monday, August 8, 2011

The Best Day

Photobucket


Today is my mommies birthday, and that deserves a double post!

I was lucky when I was growing up that my mom was there for me when I needed her, but she always gave me enough freedom because she trusted me. I never really had a curfew growing up because she knew I wouldn't get into trouble, I just had to call and let her know when I was going to be home. That sort of freedom made things like drinking and drugs and all the bad stuff non-taboo for me. It just wasn't a big deal because it wasn't presented to me as that sort of thing. As a teenager, I never do that stuff and its because they treated me like an adult, and taught me that responsibility.

Taylor Swift is good at making at least one song on her CD's that I can't not cry during, and this song is it. My mom was always there when I was younger, reassuring me that it was going to be okay. I can remember playing in her clothes as a kid and that she was really the prettiest person I knew and that now I can still go into her closet and find cloths I want to wear. She's always been there for me, and I love her for that.

Its her birthday today, and she's not feeling all that good, which is a bummer. Her wisdom tooth is coming in on one side, and she's down with a headache until she's got and appointment today, that's kind of a lame birthday, but hopefully it will at least help her feel better.

Your mother is really your best friend, because when it boils down to it, family is the most important thing, and people don't realize that until it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment