Saturday, January 15, 2011

Heroes

Photobucket


What is that? Faster than a speeding bullet? Dark in the shadows like a bat? Hanging from a building like a spider? Lassoing to get the truth? What do you think about when you hear those words? I hope you think of superman, batman, spider man, and wonder woman. But a real hero? Mine isn't one in the books. Granted they kick some serious make believe butt, but that's not the real world.

What is a hero to you? My topic is just that today. I am going to my granny and Papa's house today, and I'm really excited to see them. My Grandma has a six week rest of chemo where they are basically making sure the cancer is gone. I am so Proud of her, it's ridiculous how much she has been through and how special she is to me. The doctors were able to catch the cancer early on, so this should be it! She has been through a lot more than just that, and she is really a person to look up to.

Shes living a good life, and knows what to be thankful for. A lot of people today don't realize it's just a good thing to have all of your children live and breath every day. They don't see the small things as much of anything. But my Granny? She does, and her and Grandpa are just amazing people and deserve so much. They deserve the biggest house, the richest sums. But the thing is, I don't know if they'd take it. They are proud people, that show what love is. The two of them, I've never seen fight, argue, and they are still married.

They have built a family, and watched them grow to have us, and to even have my nieces and nephews & second cousins. It's amazing how it all started with them. And with out them? Where would we be? I can remember childhood memories of being at granny and papa's house and it was the best thing to have family all together. The atmosphere is just different there, its full of love. It's amazing.

I am really excited that all of us will be together in the summer to for a wedding. And you know, It'll be so much fun to have all of us there. and It will mean the world for Granny and Papa to see us all. Because they are what helped us get to where we are. They share stories with us, and help us through our problems.

So let your heroes be those in the capes, and hoods. But mine? They live in a small town and love unconditionally. When you think about your heroes jumping from building top to top, sure that's pretty cool, but what about the people in your life who taught you to sew, that let you ride on big pieces of equipment? At a place where you learned to run barefoot across sharp rocks. Those people are my heroes.

&& As a parting thought. Pray for those who have gone through what my granny has. What they still go through, and what their families struggle through. Just remember, every day is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment