Saturday, January 1, 2011

About

Bonjour!
I am Shannon Ann, I am a firm believer that my name has far to many 'N's in it, but I suppose its something that makes me, me! I am not your typical fashion addict. I used to hate clothes because the way I look. I am not a size zero and felt that clothes weren't a thing for me, I got upset, frustrated and just swore off trying to look good. Not to mention I butchered my hair, so from the ages of 9-15 I went through what I call my "Sub-Human" stage, meaning if you knew me then, I'm terribly sorry! I realized my sophomore year of high school that it was actually fun to be girly, and since then I've loved it!

I love vintage things, but at the same time, I can't STAND some of the things they did. I look at it and am confused why they would EVER want to wear it (like bonnets, I'm not a big bonnet fan. Really? ), but over all I love it! I get a lot of help in the 70's/90's department from my Mom, who has always had a thing about looking good, because you never know what you'll do, or who you'll meet! I've slowly adapted this concept, most days. I have my days where I don't want to look pretty! But I also am the kind of person who likes the natural pretty, there is nothing more ugly to me than a person who has a fake tan, and twenty layers of makeup on. I believe that beauty is natural, and you can't fake nature.

I started this blog as a self-inspirational sort of thing. I want to prove that I am pretty to no one but myself. To show people that its okay to not be a size zero, and be healthy, and look good while doing it. I would have loved to know someone who could have told me that in my awkward sub-human stage, and now I can't imagine not wanting to look good because when someone tells you "Oh, I really like your dress" Its the best most reassuring feeling in the world! I use a Canon Rebel xs with a lens that I don't remember at this moment.

I want to travel around the world and take amazing pictures of it! I've learned to appreciate the taste and effects of coffee, and have pretty much became an addict to it. I LOVE the smell of brewing coffee and being in a bookstore, you can't top it! Oh, speaking of Books; I love them so much! If I like a book and spend a few hours a day reading them, I can knock out a four book series in a week! Yes.

I am absolutely in love with Jane Austen, and anything historical. Not to mention I couldn't exist without my Disney movies. I have to watch Pocahontas when I'm sick ;D I also really love Harry Potter, Glee, The Hunger Games, The Gemma Doyle Triolgy, and anything I can read that catches my interest! I love words!

I'm a Sagittarius through and through, no doubt about it, I was actually born on thanksgiving the year I was born, not the usual turkey dinner that year I'm guessing! Anyway, I'm pretty flipping crazy, but I'm also pretty freaking awesome ♥

"Petite Hibou" Literally means Little Owl, and Owls & Eiffel towers are kind of my thing. My name actually means "Wise" And owls sort of just go with that, as well as my short stature, it just works!

I'll spice this up at some point or another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment