Saturday, October 22, 2011

Its my turn to be brave.


Angry face



First of all, My initial thought started from my midterm.
My history of theater class was the only class I had a midterm in (IM SO LUCKY!)and we did get them back the other day. I got a 109% out of 100%. It amazed me. I can't remember the last time I got an A++ (yes, it deserves a plus plus!) on a final/midterm. Granted I've always been an A/B student, and received a C very seldom, but now, I'm shooting for ALL A's. But that's besides the point! I realized that History is my thing. I am so fascinated with it, and my teacher told us a quote at the beginning of the year that is true.

"History is the study of culture in a specific time"

Its so true, because if you look at how someone would react to something in the fifties, its different than they would have in the twenties or even father in the 18th century. Even fashion is thrown in there from time to time. There was a lawyer/political figure in the 17th century who had a wife known as Georgianna- who revolutionized fashion at the time, but she also knew what the heck she was talking about, and was a pretty well known figure for a female at the time. Its fascinating to me!

But I made the decision, which has been so hard by the way, to major in History. Once I do that I'm going to go to law school. When I get closer to Law School, I will finally make the decision of what I want to focus on exactly wise. But with this decision my gut feeling is really good, and I know I can do it! <3

I've decided on something that for one, will be financially secure, but at the same time I will get to help people! How fantastic is this idea? I'm just so happy right now Its literally seeping out of me!

Oh, and the song, listen to it. Its so inspiring and amazing. Idina Menzel is just magical. Not to mention there is a time in your life where its time to work for what you need, its a time for you to be BRAVE and rely on only you.

No comments:

Post a Comment