Thursday, September 1, 2011

To read

Photobucket

"To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries.”

I've been reading like a fish floats in water. Its crazy how much I've just wanted to read, I guess its just a comfort thing for me. I love to do it, and there is nothing better to do than stick your nose in a book when you don't want to socialize or meet new people. Yes, its lovely. I've nearly finished the Hunger Games in the last two days. I started it yesterday, finished the first book yesterday, today the second, and I've started the third. I'd be done with the third If we hadn't taken so much time in town today, but it was good, a long day though and alas as hard as I try not to, I'm not broke again. I'm not too happy about that, it actually frustrates me so much its not funny.

But aside that I finished all four Luxe books in the last week, as well as started the nine lives of chloe king, A vintage affair, and Little Dorrit. I've just been on a roll. I'll get through 'em, and then not read stuff for months on end and towards christmas it'll be the reading thing again, haha. Not much more interesting is going on. Classes are a piece of cake so far, but I know its only a matter of time until they start to get harder. I really enjoy them for the most part, I love the whole atmopshere of "I'm not your baby-sitter" that teachers have at the college level, not only that but there practical. My business 101 teacher flat out said that if you were fixing a refrigerator you weren't going to have over one thousand tools and tricks memorized you'd pull for a manual, and it's true. Its so refreshing.

Anyway, back to reading. :]

Oh....and its September.
holy geeze, can't believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment