Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Imitation can never beat the real thing


Photobucket


I am an Austen fan, never hidden that fact.

But when I decided to watch this BBC short seriese I didn't expect it to pull me in as much as it did. The similarities are SO similar. Once I watched it I saw things about the both same. I didn't want to get sucked into another brooding period characters and yet, I did. I find myself comparing him and Mr.Darcy so much, and its something about the grumpy ones that are so darn adorable. Well, at first you don't. You think "who is this Jerk and why can't we have someone nice?" then by the end your squealing in your seat if they have so much as an argument.

If you love the typical's like I do you'll love this. What I mean are books such as Little Dorrit, Jane Eyre, and of Coarse Pride & Prejudice. I mean, who doesn't love them? And nearly all the adaptations you can find somewhere or another if your just to Lazy to pick the paper back up. I'd recommend reading the books first, even though I haven't gotten a hold of North & South. I'm sad I haven't, but at least the BBC usually keeps things pretty accurate. I thank them for that!

Margaret Hale, is outspoken and headstrong and just like Eliza Bennett not ready to make a husband of someone who doesn't see her as equal. John Thornton is the handsom "Hero". His general air is unpleasant and seems just a grumpy person. Though, just like Darcy, Thornton turns out to secretly have heart. The whole of it all has a lot of passion and anger until the very end, when it finally becomes romantic. I LOVED how they did that. There wasn't lovey-dovey through it all, the both characters standing their ground.

Plus its historical!

How much better could it get? It shows the angst of workers in the revolution time, and how big business began, Its just a well rounded story. It shows the bad of those struggling and the good of those who succeed. Plus they all dress in Bland colors making the dirty city seem even more mucky and dirty and it just adds an atmosphere that is fantastic.

But to wrap it up, I love this miniseries.

The acting is amazing, the scenes are deep, and the costumes are periodic. What more could you want?

I want to watch the newest Jane Eyre now, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. What a bummer.


Ps: that's my picture, don't use it unless you ask. I made it all fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment